How do I remove the front doors from my 2018 Jeep Wrangler?
The Jeep Wrangler is easily the most popular model the automaker produces that is currently available at the Billion Auto Group showroom. Of all the Wrangler’s features that have endured over the years, the ability for an owner to take the doors off is always among the most popular. If you’re looking forward to being able to take advantage of this, you might be wondering, ‘How do I remove the front doors from my 2018 Jeep Wrangler?’ The product experts at Billion Auto Group are here to help. We’ll walk you through the steps you’ll need to take to take the doors off and enjoy your Wrangler as it was intended.
What will I need to take the doors off?
Jeep engineers have designed the doors of the 2018 Wrangler to come off as easily as possible while still being functional, as you know, doors. But you will need a No. T50 and No. T40 Torx head driver, not only to loosen the bolts holding on the doors but to reinstall them. An overtightened bolt can break. The owner’s manual for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler says the front-door bolts should only be tightened to 7.5 foot-pounds.
- Located and remove the hinge pin screws from the upper and lower outside hinges. Use the No. T50 Torx head driver.
- Unfasten the check screw from the center door check assembly. You’ll need the No. T40 Torx bit.
- Slide the plastic panel along the door frame toward the seats to remove the plastic wiring harness until the tabs are released.
- Unlock the wiring harness by pulling up on the red locking tab.
- Find the black security tab beneath the wiring harness and lift it into the open position.
- Disconnect the wiring connector by pulling downward with the wiring harness open. Stow it in the door’s pocket so it doesn’t go missing.
- Lift the door clear of the hinge pins and remove the door.
When it’s time to button your 2018 Jeep Wrangler back up, simply follow the steps in reverse.
If you run into any problems along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to a Billion Auto Group product expert today. Jeeps are among our favorite vehicles and we love helping our customers get the most of them.