How to Protect Your Engine
There are many drivers out there that just hop in their car and go without thinking too much about how they can keep their vehicle running for as long as it can. One of the most important things that you can do as a car owner is to keep your engine in good shape and give it the attention that it needs. Not only is your vehicle’s engine important to giving you many more miles, but it is also very expensive to fix if it has problems. An engine needs to be looked at every now and then and even requires a little maintenance if you want it to be able to give you as many miles as it possibly can. The following list will show you the top 5 tips on how to protect your engine. Follow these tips and your engine will give you the reliability and dependability that you want and need in your car.
[Also Read: 4 Signs of a Bad Transmission]
5 Tips to Protect Your Engine
- Change your engine oil. A regular scheduled oil change is the most important thing you can do for your engine. Engine oil helps keep vital parts well lubricated so your engine won’t overheat. Check your owner’s manual to find the recommended oil change intervals.
- Maintain cooling system. Ensure that your vehicle’s cooling system is working properly. This system helps keep your engine cool so it doesn’t overheat and cause major engine damage.
- Change air filter. An air filter keeps particles from getting into your engine and causing damage. They also provide the fresh air that your engine needs to properly perform.
- Change fuel filter. Just like the air filter, a fuel filter keeps particles and debris from getting into your vehicle’s engine and causing major damage to it.
- Don’t ignore your check engine light. If your check engine light comes on be sure to have it looked at right away. If you neglect it too long, you could be causing some serious and expensive damage to your engine.
[Learn More: How to Stop your Engine From Overheating]
For more tips like this, visit the tips section of our blog at Billion Auto Group.